Dog Accessories That Will Let Your Dog’s Personality Shine
Like people, dogs have very unique and distinctive personalities. Some are sensitive and shy while others are rambunctious and outgoing. And then there’s a lot of in-between. Because they don’t communicate the way humans do, we have to find alternative ways to allow their personalities to shine through. One of the easiest ways to reflect your dog’s character is to use dog accessories. Be creative and show just how distinctive your pooch really is by using one or more of the accessories listed below.
1. Dog Tee Shirts/Tank Tops: Designer dog boutiques usually carry very unique dog tee shirts and tank tops that can easily reflect the personality of your pooch dog scarf. You’ll be able to find dog shirts that have funny sayings or ones that have pictures that are a reflection of your pooch. You’ll also be able to find personalized monogrammed dog tee shirts that show the name of your pooch. For the posh or uptown pooch, try a tee with Swarovski crystals!
2. Designer Dog Collars: Designer dog collars are unique in that you can’t usually find them in large retail stores. They may cost a little more, but they are usually very durable and distinctive. Choose colors and patterns that are a reflection of your pooch’s personality. For example, if Fido loves the beach choose blues and greens in patterns that reflect the ocean. If your pooch has a somewhat tough personality, choose a spiked dog collar. There are endless possibilities. Shop at designer dog boutiques for the largest and most unique selection of designer dog collars.
3. Dog Costumes: Dog costumes are not just for Halloween. Choose a costume that reflects the personality of your pooch. For example, use a lion or tiger costume for your macho little guy. For your girly-girl pooch try a princess or ladybug costume. Not only are costumes fun, but they also make great conversation starters!
4. Dog Beds: Designer dog boutiques carry very unique designer dog beds which are made in various patterns and colors that can reflect the personality of your pooch. Is their personality bright and sunny? Get a dog bed that is bright with colors like yellow, hot pink or orange. Is your pooch a bit of a diva? Try a designer dog bed made in animal prints or one that is made of faux fur. If you and your pooch are trying to be eco-friendly, invest in an organic or eco-friendly dog bed.
5. Dog Scarf: A dog scarf (aka bandanna) is a small accessory that can make a big impression. You can find scarves in all different colors and patterns to match your dog’s personality. Like dog tee shirts, you can also find scarves that have funny sayings that are a reflection of your pooch.
Mix and match the above accessories or choose just one. But whichever accessory you choose, make sure it reflects your pooch’s individuality and character. Allow their unique qualities and persona to really shine!
Dana Lloyd is the owner of LaBellaDoggy.com, an online designer dog boutique that specializes in luxury dog fashion, dog clothes and accessories, unique dog beds, gourmet dog treats, dog toys and more. She is also an animal advocate who dedicates some of her time to dog rescue.